This isn't a list of resolutions. This isn't a checklist of things that I want to accomplish in the next year. What this is, is a list of the things that I would like to shift, change, challenge, and transform in my life. I would like this to serve as a personal reminder for myself going forward. A place where I can check in, see where I am, and where I might want to change trajectory.
So with that said, here we go...
- I will improve how I communicate. Sometimes I let emails sit too long in my inbox without response. Sometimes I let voice mails go too long unanswered. Sometimes I think about reaching out to someone I need/want to communicate with, but come up with a million delay tactics. I want to return calls, emails, voice mails, etc. I want to be a better communicator.
- I will make better food choices. I don't mean that I will eat right for some sort of physical reason, rather, I want to have a clear understanding of where my food comes from. I want to make healthy choices for me and my family. I want to help support the local economy by making smarter purchases. But I will also be kind to myself when I don't make the best choice. I will not beat myself up if I go to Taco Bell, order pizza, or make some other lazy meal decision; as long as it is every once and awhile and not once a week.
- I will release grudges. It is time to let go of the hurt that I keep inflicting on myself. If this means letting go of relationships that make my feel yucky than so be it. I will only let people in my life who make me feel loved and supported. But this doesn't mean that I will just walk away when feeling challenged. I also want to deepen intimacy and sometimes that can feel scary. I will be clear when I am feeling scared about growing relationships or when someone is just toxic for me.
- I will be dedicated to my work, in all its myriad forms. I am a Priestess and a writer; in that order. I will not let electronics interfere with my work. I will not let myself get distracted from taking risks, putting myself out there, and doing the work that fills me up. I will write the things that I enjoy writing and not just the things that put a few dollars in my pocket. Ideally, I would like to earn money writing the things that I love to write.
- I will read more than I watch television; like I used to do. I want to stop using television and the Internet as a way to escape feelings.
- I will get outside and experience nature. I want to get wet at the beach. I want to breathe fresh air. I want to feel my connection to the earth and let that fuel my spirituality. I want to honor the cycle of the moon and share my excitement about these things with others.
Blessed Be! )o(