Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Strange Dream Phone Calls


Yesterday we found a lizard on the floor in our kitchen. I always take it as some sort of sign when I see an animal somewhere that seems 'out of place'. So I looked up lizard in one of my favorite books Animal Speak, by Ted Andrews.


It seems that lizard deals with dream time. Also with intuition and listening to your instincts. It just so happens that last night I had a strange dream.


My dad was in the dream. He was telling me something about phone cards and wanting to give them to me. In the dream I said "yeah, yeah, whatever" and went about my business of dreaming. Then in my dream a phone rang...'brrring brrring'. I looked down at my dream cell phone and noticed a '415' area code was calling. I don't really know anyone from the '415' area code, but in my dream I answered the dream phone anyway. It was my dad calling. He was testing out the phone cards he had been telling me about and wanted me to see how great they worked.


It was then at 3:13am that my actual real life cell phone started to ring. I don't normally leave my cell phone in my room at night, but somehow it ended up being in there. I grabbed my phone and saw a number I didn't know so I ignored the call assuming that it was someone calling a wrong number. I tried to go back to sleep. Ten minutes later at 3:23am my actual really life cell phone started to ring again. I looked at my phone and saw that it was a '415' area code calling. I got scared. I mean really scared, like breaking out in a sweat scared. I tried to shut off my phone, but I was having a hard time getting it to turn off. I figured it was just because I was so tired.


I finally got the phone to shut off, but I could not fall back asleep. I lay in bed thinking of what it all meant and who it was that was calling me and WHY. I kicked myself for not answering the phone, but I also felt justified because I was still feeling scared over it.


In the morning I had a voice mail message. I was rather eager to hear what message might have been left. I was actually expecting to hear the drunk voice of someone who had dialed the wrong number. You can imagine my disappointment when the message was of nothing, no words, no voices, nothing.


My husband thinks I should have answered the phone. Part of me thinks I should have too. I was just so afraid I could not move past my fear. I think that is the lesson. In order to succeed I have to push past my fear and answer to who is calling for me. I can only hope that they will call back.......

1 comment:

  1. If you want some other interesting woohoo stuff, we found two lizards in our house last week...hmmmmm to think is but to, slither?
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete